Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Cat Came Back...

This week, we had a little adventure with a stray kitty. What follows is a series of emails I sent a friend of mine as the drama unfolded.

Tuesday, 9:57 am:
"If you need me, call my cell bc Avery wants to play in the front yard with the cat. Haha. Jordan's arch nemesis is a 5 lb feline."

Tuesday, 10:08 am
"So the cat's been in our backyard and he just threw it over the fence and it hopped back over with a little meow. His face. Oh I am so happy right now. Hehe."

Tuesday, 10:37 am
"The battle lines have been drawn. The cat and the girls. The dogs and the dad (and unlikely union, but desperate times lead to desperate measures).

The only neutral party is the mom. (Can she be called 'neutral' if she laughs at every encounter?)

Who will win? The fight is on. For the love of a cat...

This is the best.day.ever. Well, not really, but I am thoroughly enjoying watching this play out. Recently, Jordan sighed heavily, said, "Oh geez. Oh heavens," picked up the camera, and took pictures of the girls holding the cat. You think he's already to acceptance?"

Tuesday, 11:38 am
"The cat tried to eat my kids' lunches and scared Eggie. Jordan took it in a car to the other side of the neighborhood. When he got home, he said, "If that cat finds it's way back here, it can stay," with a smug grin. Poor kitty was obviously hungry but it crossed a line. Ha. The story won't be complete unless the cat shows up at our home again tomorrow. I'm seriously not sure if I'm pulling for it because it'd make a better story or if I really don't want it to because I'm not a fan of cats...."

The cat never showed up again. I guess he found a new home to love and feed him for a bit...

Click here for pictures of the week, including the cat, Easter with Mimi and Papa, and Katy Folk Life Festival

2 comments:

  1. Funny story. Angela, you need to write a children's book about the Kat and the Kids. Did it come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jordan told us this story, I was THISCLOSE to going out looking for the cat to take it home! I'm the same as you - I don't love cats, and Adam hates them, but he just sounded so cute from the story! I felt sad for him!

    ReplyDelete